Geting to Muirkirk by Car
Muirkirk is on the main A70 road, which runs between Ayr and Edinburgh, and about 10 miles from the M74 motorway. the main artery between Scotland and England.
Getting to Muirkirk By Bus
Bus services to Muirkirk primarily run via Cumnock. Some services run through from Glasgow, Kilmarnock and Ayr.
- Stagecoach Western Service 46
Muirkirk (Kirk Green) to Cumnock and Ayr
- Stagecoach Western Service X76
Muirkirk (Kirk Green) to Glasgow (Glasgow University or Buchanan Street)
the X76 services travel via Cumnock, Mauchline and Kilmarnock to Glasgow
SUNDAY service is between Muirkirk and Kilmarnock only
Nearest Train Stations
The nearest train station is at Auchinleck which is on the Glasgow-Kilmarnock-Dumfries-Carlisle line.
The nearest airport is at Prestwick which is a major hub for Ryanair and about 50 minutes away from Muirkirk. Glasgow International Airport is about 1 hour 20 minutes away by car.
- Prestwick International Airport – Flight Information
- Glasgow International Airport – Flight Information
- Edinburgh Airport – Flight Information
Taxi and Private Hire Services
- In Muirkirk, Coach House Cars can provide a pre-booked Private Hire and 8 Seater mini-bus service.
- Taxi services are available in Cumnock (10 miles) and for Auchlinleck Railway Station from Glaisnock Taxis and Winkies & Jays Taxis
- From Prestwick Airport, taxi service is available from Ayr Black Taxis
Hire Car Services
- Various hire car companies operate from Cumnock, Prestwick and other parts of Ayrshire. Find a list of companies here