muirkirk in the hills of ayrshire - from the muirkirk enterprise group


Kames Church


Kames Church was built in 1904 and was the Church for the southside of the village, serving an area which once had many "miner's rows". This building is reported to have had a very attractive interior.

The church closed in 1952 and was demolished in 1957, although the site remained marked by the old church steps for many years after.

Beautiful stained glass windows were removed from Kames Church and installed in Muirkirk Parish Church after that building suffered a major fire in 1949. Consequently, these windows remain to be admired enjoyed to the present day.

Kames Church Muirkirk